What can you do to help end Sexual Violence?
- Believe the victim.
- Understand that a person neither asks for nor deserves to be raped, ever.
- Don’t blame victim’s culture or race for the violence perpetrated against them.
- Don’t make excuses for perpetrators.
- Speak up when someone makes a comment that blames survivors.
- Know that silence does not equal consent.
- If you see something that makes you think someone is being assaulted, use your judgment to safely step in.
- Teach your children, friends, parents and peers about the myths and realities of sexual violence.
Have a bias toward action – let’s see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.— Indira Gandhi